Day 22 — Allowing another person to fully love me means I must…
I’m going to preface my “list” with some philosophizing first. I feel as though allowing somebody to love me means that I must first love and accept myself. I don’t think there’s a strict criteria – I’m not putting height, weight, income, etc…into the equation.
- I must first accept myself. Be happy with who I am so I don’t bog down our relationship with self-loathing
- Look at the man behind the facts. Eye color, physical attributes, his weight…don’t matter.
- Know that he will fit into my family and not just my own life. So I must first know he is Indian, Hindu, raised with the same family values as I was. Speaking Hindi is a bonus. There’s just something so beautiful and touching to be able to call him jaan when he wakes up. Something ethereal in whispering sweet nothings in a language you both understand. Sometimes, English is too rough.
- Learn to live with him. It’s all about adaptation, compromise, and making the best of what you’ve got. Whether prince or pauper, he’s the King of my heart, the man I will love.
- Learn to be less clingy, and play hard to get. For some reason, men only want it when they can’t have it. The chase, so to speak. I must learn to be an enticing chase.
- Be open and honest. Understand that no man will ever be perfect, and accept him for who he is. An imperfect couple is the best kind, because there is always something to work at, to understand.
Please take a moment to check out the other wonderful blogs participating in 30 days of Blogging Honesty with me!
- Over a Cup of Coffee (Cherlyn Cochrane)
- Morning Erection (Tom Baker)
- Bannatreasures (Nabila)
- Bleaching Thoughts (Jennifer Miko)
- Crazy Life, Crazy Wife (Nicole)
- Lastcivilizedwoman (Name?)
- My Kaleidoscope
- Everything Love and Lust
- West End Singleton (Aurathena)
- The Past to the Present (Melanie)
- Every Girls’ Corner (Marlize)al
- Walking the Labyrinth (AnonymousBurn)
- Amor Maee Vitae (Caroline)
- PsyKoilogy (Koi)
- The World According to Sylvia Garza (Sylvia Garza)
- Life Of Carbon (Mariana)
- The Way I Live Naturally ((Nenskei)
- Veehcirra (Veeh)
- Princesa’s Anatomy (PM)
- Tempting Sweets: Story Heat
- The Orange Wit (Orange)
- Imaginopia (Terriblethinker)
- Sleep and Salami
- It’s Just Me (Primadonna Zel)