Day 26 — I would break the law to save a loved one if…
I’d like to say that I’m an extremely scrupulous and moral person. I’d like to, but I can’t because I’m not. I don’t abide by all the rules – that’s no fun. I think my childhood turned me into a rebellious person, or maybe my childhood was so difficult because I had always been one. Whatever the case may be, I usually have no issues breaking the law.
Senior ditch day? Check.
Lying to get myself out of trouble? Check.
Drinking before the age of 21? Check.
I know these are minor offenses, but my point is – if I’m not a model citizen on my own, I don’t think I’d become a model citizen when doing the “right” thing meant putting my loved ones in danger. I don’t know how far I would go though.
I think if I knew the person was guilty, no matter how much I loved him or her, I would try my best to stay out of it. That way I’m not ratting them out, but I’m also not their accomplice. If I don’t know anything, I’m not expected to do anything about it. A silent concession, I guess.
If it was something like…having to murder or commit a bank robbery…yeah I’m not that brave.
But the small things, like stealing a bottle of nail polish from a store. Hey, I’m not telling. It’s whatever, nobody else got hurt.
So breaking the law to save a loved one is fine as long as nobody is getting hurt…that’s my opinion. Obviously I’m hoping that nobody gets caught either way, but I’d rather get caught running a red light than pointing a gun at somebody else’s head. For obvious reasons.
Please take a moment to check out the other wonderful blogs participating in 30 days of Blogging Honesty with me!
- Over a Cup of Coffee (Cherlyn Cochrane)
- Morning Erection (Tom Baker)
- Bannatreasures (Nabila)
- Bleaching Thoughts (Jennifer Miko)
- Crazy Life, Crazy Wife (Nicole)
- Lastcivilizedwoman (Name?)
- My Kaleidoscope
- Everything Love and Lust
- West End Singleton (Aurathena)
- The Past to the Present (Melanie)
- Every Girls’ Corner (Marlize)al
- Walking the Labyrinth (AnonymousBurn)
- Amor Maee Vitae (Caroline)
- PsyKoilogy (Koi)
- The World According to Sylvia Garza (Sylvia Garza)
- Life Of Carbon (Mariana)
- The Way I Live Naturally ((Nenskei)
- Veehcirra (Veeh)
- Princesa’s Anatomy (PM)
- Tempting Sweets: Story Heat
- The Orange Wit (Orange)
- Imaginopia (Terriblethinker)
- Sleep and Salami
- It’s Just Me (Primadonna Zel)