This is the second outbreak of the Community Network Meme! The first one was the Community Network Meme of December 2011 by the lovely Tom Baker. The format of this one is much the same as that, and all posts with the meme were to go up at midnight.
I have been a very bad June blogger and lost touch with my blog and my desire to write things for a while. Trying to write a book stressed me out so much that I ended up abandoning the project early on, but losing my resolve to blog about it too. It was weird, and I feel so sorry that I’m even writing it now, but for a while there, I didn’t even want the hassle of blogging 😦 How can I say that!?
Controlled Derangement is my baby. And late or not, I signed up for this meme, and now, I’m going to do it! Better late than never in this case.
1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
- When i was younger, the hardest thing in the world (That is not hard or scary now) was meeting new people. I was shy, I was awkward, and I didn’t want to be there. I’d stand right behind my mom, not even daring to peek out because I knew people would notice me. I hated being in pictures, and if you put me in a new place with a lot of kids, I was terrified. Now, I’m the complete opposite of that little girl. But, truth be told, we both are still deathly afraid of creepy crawlies.
2. If you were offered the chance to be a cooking star on a Food Network show, which of these three would you choose for a mentor: Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentis or Alton Brown?
- Alton Brown yo. Are you kidding me? Good Eats was like my MANTRA and Alton Brown was the coolest scientific chef EVER. I know so many random tidbits of information about things because of him. I even learned my favorite chocolate chip cookie from him. I know I don’t know them, but the impressions I get from Giada and Bobby are superficial/saccharine and arrogant/condescending respectively. Boo.
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
- Dude, this requires actual research. Fiiiine, I’m getting on it.
- One I hate – Manifest – I hate not only that theme, but all themes like it. It is boring, bland, and without personality. It is a single-column layout that leaves no space for blogrolls, calendars, cloud tags, contact information, etc. Perhaps it is a good base template, coding-wise, to build off of, but if I see a blog with a theme that plain, I lose interest before I even start reading the words, no matter how marvelous they may be.
- The good ones have certain requirements for me. I want a theme that clearly differentiates one post from another (standout header options). Flexible width, at least two columns, but no more than three. Option to customize the top banner, side & top navigation, and color scheme. Date for each blog post clearly identifiable. Enough room in the sidebar for a tag cloud and a calendar, and please, not too much white! I’m rather picky, I know. Examples are Funki, Ari (Infinite scroll, but a limiting sidebar), Quintus, Rounded, Bueno, Choco, iTheme2, and Brand New Day.
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
- My first ever friend, Tavneet Gulati. If she’s out there, I have no idea where she is, how she is, and who she is anymore, and that sucks. I had a suspicion that you went to the Hicksville HS that my cousins went to, but when they asked their Tavneet, she said she didn’t remember anybody named Pryanka. We were not that young, you and I, when our families parted ways. I still miss you, and wonder what we would have been today if our friendship had survived.
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
- Saw a lot of people say technological devices. Screw that, you won’t have signal or data coverage! I’d want to have brought a lighter, a knife, journal, a water canteen, energy bars, sturdy boots on my feet, and if I was lucky, a sleeping bag, first aid kit, matches, and a flashlight.
- I’m sorry, this is survival, not a vacation right? Saw some people who wrote flavored drinks, bathing suits, books, and other such frivolities. Perhaps the quesiton was too vague. I am assuming that if you are on a deserted island, you are lost, stranded and in trouble, not there on a one week, no-holes-barred luxury vacation on your private jet.
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
- This is tough, just one person? The mind of a killer. A genius.
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
- ATM I don’t have a bedside table. I sleep on a pullout couch in the basement, how fun. Well to be even more precise, right now I’m on a mattress in my brother’s room while the basement’s being renovated. But back when I had one of those lovely tables, they would have had –
- Contact supplies – Contact case, hydrogen peroxide solution, saline, conditioning solution, eye rewetting drops, and a mirror.
- Nail polish
- Glass of water
- My LSAT notebook
- Phone charging dock
- iPod Touch
- Alarm Clock (Wait that’s on top, not in the drawer)
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find.
9. Your daughter is having a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Around 8:00 pm a thunderstorm knocks out power. How do you entertain twelve pre-teen girls when all the cell-phone batteries have died?
- Whip out my candles and my 300+ nail polish bottle collection, along with my other nail art supplies. Have at it.
- I’d then take out all the frozen goodies…they’ll unfreeze anyway so ice cream and popsicles for EVERYBODY!
- Board games and card games for all the girls.
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
- Nothing really pushes a buton that way. If I had to pick, I prefer people not to call me out on my lack of common sense sometimes! (All the time)
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
- Depends on who else is invited. All expense paid vaca as long as I’m naked during dinner? That’s fine with me. If you invited me, then you’ll have to deal with the fat LOL.
12. What one piece of movie memorabilia from which movie would you love to own?
- Nada. There’s no famous nail polish (because of a movie), is there?
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
- Harry Potter
- Where do you think you would be if you weren’t a wizard?
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
- I’m sorry, I simply cannot do this any justice. I do not think my life can be encapsulated in one piece of music, nor do I know enough about the classical genre to pick out that one piece of music.
- I picked Four Seasons – Vivaldi because it is a very rounded out song. It speaks of changes and cycles and seasons and changing times and I think that it quite possibly meets the requirements to be the theme song for this world.
15. What is your most quirky habits.
- Running my fingers through my hair, finding comfort in poking my belly button (IT WARMS UP MY FINGERS DON’T JUDGE), and lately, always having nail polish on my nails
16. When was the last time you took the time to act like a child and what did you do?
- There are so many instances! Last friday night, I slept over at my 9 year old adoptive sister’s home (By that, I mean that they are technically former tenants and family friends, but their daughter is just like my lil sis) and watched Just For Kicks with her. We also played Badminton in the backyard, did our nails, and colored together. I love coloring books to this day.
- Before that though, I went to Sesame Place with all of the kiddies (My cousins and their kids, ranging from 1.5 to 6 years of age) to Sesame Place. That was SO much fun you have no idea. Kiddie wave pools are so awesome when you see your 3 year old niece jump up and down shrieking over the half inch wave that just lapped her ankles. Not even being sarcastic, the smiles on their faces made it the best day ever!
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
- There are friendships I would erase, but mend…I’m not sure. I would like to have mended my friendship with Tavneet, as I said earlier, by not losing touch with her. She was my first friend – our mothers were pregnant together! We must have stayed friends from birth up until 7 or 8 years of age, and after that, they moved upstate and our fathers got into a fight over something I was too young to ask about. That was a time before the internet and cell phones and e-mail and usernames were a widespread phenomenon, believe it or not, so when she moved away, we lost touch for good. By the time we were old enough to reconnect, I don’t think we had any idea where the other was. I would want to mend that if I could 😦
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would be it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
- OH GOSH, PEOPLE HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE TO DO THAT? That’s the most ridiculous notion ever. If all of my followers left comments daily, I would brave through them, respond to them all, and enjoy the conversations that I could see taking place. I do not think my blog is the type of blog to inspire that, but if I did in the future, I am more than willing to communicate with them.
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
- Do I personally know how far back my ancestry goes? Not really, not past the great-grandparents on either side. Is our ancestry traceable far beyond that? Yes, of course. I’ve just never bothered.
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
- A vampire 😉 It’s a running joke. I love the dark, I love staying awake all night and sleeping in, and I have dark moods that surface in angsty poetry written during those periods.
That’s all for the questions!
I Shall Be A Toad
Betwixt And Between
The World According To Sylvia Garza
Lazy Happy Bored Happy Sad
Life With Blondie
The Way I Live Naturally
Ramblings Of An Office Girl
Walking The Labyrinth
Sleep And Salami
Life Of Carbon